We're currently developing the first version of our new website and we're keen to understand how the new website can help you contact us.
On the current website, when people want to find out how to contact us it’s difficult for them to know where to start. This is because the contact details are spread across many pages.
A new approach
To make life easier for people using our website, we pulled together teams that have a customer facing function from across the parliament to design a solution together. We asked them to tell us some of the most common reasons people get in touch with us.
- phoning to find out how to request First Minister’s Questions (FMQ) tickets
- asking to be transferred to a specific team or member of staff
- requesting information about organising an event or exhibition at the parliament
We mapped out what this journey looks like for people and came up with examples like this:
Then we looked at ways we could improve these different experiences.
First version of the contact us page
Based on what the customer facing teams told us, and some research on contact pages, we felt an approach similar to the one used by the Houses of the Oireachtas in Ireland was best.
We think this is the easiest way for our users to speak to the right person or get to the right information as quickly as possible. So we’ve broken the page down into common tasks that people are trying to do when they contact us.
I've put the first version of this together quickly – it’s the online equivalent of a rough sketch.
So we haven’t:
- linked up all the contact details or icons which will be linked
- asked any design professionals to consider this page
- put in the full contact list of MSPs
- put in all the related information and contact options
As part of our user centred approach, we want your feedback on this first version.
Give it a go
We’re designing our website to adapt depending on what device you’re using. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to do this with the prototype tool we’re using.
If you’re using a:
- mobile, check out the mobile version of the test page - you'll need to zoom in to make it fit your screen
- desktop, check out the desktop version of the test page
How you can help us improve
We’d like you to help us make it easy for people to get in touch with the right person quickly. To do this, we need some initial feedback on our approach to the new contact us pages before we do full designs and user testing on it.
Can you give us a score between 1 and five for the following and tell us why you gave those answers:
If you don't want to submit the form, you can email your thoughts to these questions and any other thoughts to the team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will keep your feedback until we have completed the contact us page on the website, and then we will delete it.